www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please help us with a feedback

Please help us with a feedback

Hello Everyone,

We are a brazilian web development agency, and now we made our own site

Look and say what u think

www.css4html.com.br

Thanks for all!!

Looking nice design of your website Good Working you have must need SEO consultancy for your web..

Good work.

Hey, I did an eye tracking test on your website to see where the user looks while visiting your site. Check out the result:

http://i.imgur.com/VbXZqtm.png

By the way the page does not load correctly in IE. I just see a fullscreen map.

The "mobile loaded as widescreen until onload fires" is annoying given how ridiculously long it takes before onload fires. The illegibly tiny content text, massive five scrolls of images before you even have content text making it seem like too much slapped into one page, and severe legibility issues on the menu, sidebar footer and social icons all add up to a usability / accessibility nightmare. Break that *** into separate pages, pageloads are NOT evil!

This particularly holds true for the massive bloated scripttard for nothing "change the menu to match the scroll point" and that the attempt at responsive design is broken nonsense. Even if it did work, it's just too much crap for mobile to be expected to deal with, particularly when the menu when open stays open over the content so you can't even SEE IT!

The cause of the painful and agonizingly slow load time is obvious -- the page is an ape-**** insane 4.7 MEGABYTES in 83 FILES -- that is 30 times larger than I'd allow a single non-gallery page on a website (like what a landing page should be) to reach in terms of filesizes and almost twenty times the limit I usually allow for handshakes! In file count alone that's anywhere from 18 seconds "real world" to a worst case scenario of a minute and a half first-load NOT counting file sizes/transfer time!

At 63 separate images it is indeed ridiculously image heavy -- that many of the images seem to be for static text certainly isn't helping nor is the lack of CSS sprites... You've got MAYBE two dozen content images, so I'm wondering just what the devil the extra 40 or so extra images are even there for!

You mate that to the two-thirds of a megabyte of "JS for nothing and your scripts for free" and it's a laundry list of everything you can do wrong with modern web development technologies.

It has ZERO graceful degradation and seems to have been built from the "what it looks like first" mentality - which is putting the cart before the horse since what you happen to see on your screen is NOT what anyone else is going to get. Popping the bonnet to have a look-see at the code, it has missing heading levels, gibberish use of numbered headings, headings around non-heading elements, HTML 5 bloat, P+STRONG doing numbered heading's job, abuse of the ADDRESS tag around a non web-contact address, STRONG on elements that should not be receiving "more emphasis" and on the whole a nasty case of "semantics, what's that?!?"

Which is why I award it no points, and would suggest pitching that entire bloated inaccessible mess in the trash can at the earliest opportunity.

Thread Information