www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] JavaScript text slideshow - will it need anything else to be placed on the Web?

resolved [RESOLVED] JavaScript text slideshow - will it need anything else to be placed on the Web?

There are several JavaScript text slideshows around, including this one. If I want to put a slideshow of that kind on my website, would I need to add anything else other than some basic HTML?

Yes, there is a reason why I'm asking instead of just trying it. I'm quite inexperienced and I'm a lot older than you are and I'm just generally still full of dread every time I have to use an ftp program. Also, I'm worried that I do have to add something else and I'm dreading the failure that I'm probably going to run into. So I was hoping that someone here would be kind enough to just give me a hint and that failure a little less inevitable.

So I was just wondering . . . will the program work as-is, or will something have to be added to it?

Thank you in advance if you are the kind soul who will either offer me the necessary reassurance or the much-needed tip. . :-)

It's often been my experience that asking for help somehow knocks something loose and I'm suddenly able to answer my own question. This time it's a little more embarrassing than that. As soon as I posted and then checked out my own link, I saw that D'oh, the script works at that link, without anything more. Therefore it obviously works without more. On the whole, quite embarrassing!

Here is a question, however, that I still don't know the answer to -- how does one edit one's own post? I'm sure it can be done but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I believe there is a delay period from sign-up to automatic approval of posts.
    I'm not sure if it a time period or a number of posts period. Has been a long time since I first created an account.
    It appears you have only posted twice as of this time, so just be patient.
    Keep asking/answering on forum and sooner or later there will be an "Edit Post" button that will appear on your thread post.

Thank you for your reply, JMRKER. Much appreciated.

Thread Information