www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trying to launch first "website" one page isn't linking to the next one.

Trying to launch first "website" one page isn't linking to the next one.

Hi everyone, I'm baffled. Site is http://johnscurry.com

I've made (and am working on) a very basic html site that consists of buttons to take viewers to the other pages connected to each other.

It's really ugly (i'm learning). I did the same thing for all my pages. It works on my local server, but not on the public servers(?) I use hostgator hosting. All the files are placed in the same folder on the public domain.

everything works the same except that one section of the site says it's a 404 error and page is not found. It should work.

I can't figure out why because I did everything the same, and it's such a simple site I would think i'd be able to spot my error... My site is http://johnscurry.com If you click on the button "College delivery project" then click on "student" you'll get the error. What did I do wrong???

The second page lacks an opening <html> tag, which is possibly the issue. And you should set method="get" in your <form> tags. There is no "link" method. All-in-all, you'll find this is easier if you learn the basics. Trial-and-error will just slow you down and often frustrate you. Just search on "html tutorial" and you'll find several to choose from. The nuts-and-bolts of HTML are relatively simple, so it won't be that long before you can build a functional site. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

i don't know about you problem but it can be from spelling of the file names (Student.html?) are you sure you file named Student.html
    maybe it's student.html it's about the S is it in small case?

Thread Information