www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Box height not rendering correct height in chrome

Box height not rendering correct height in chrome

Hi

This page

http://www.ccmediaservices.co.uk/residential-lettings/

Renders perfectly fine in firefox and in ie. But in chrome the filter box on the right hand side seems a bit short and the search button fails to fit within the box. The purple box to the right of the listings

Can't imagine why this is but wondering if anyone can give me a pointer. I'm sure its some kind of syntax issue?

Maybe because you force it to be 280px height? delete 280px and 215px from css (.homepagebox-tall and .homepagebox resp) and remove bottom margin from UL inside.

Incorrect answer/reply

It's actually meant to be that size. I've just been checking in photoshop with screenshots and the boxs are all consistent and the same size in all browsers.

The problem is that chrome is not rendering the line spacing the same as Firefox and ie. any ideas why?

Do you really want to make it so strict. 280px and that's it? why? anyway, i'll take a look into this tomorrow

The problem may be due to the differences in the default margin for <select>, which is one of the few elements not included in your CSS reset code. Looks like the font-family for <select> may also be different.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thread Information