I am trying to upload this xml file to a bank for validation. It is a Direct Debit file. It came back from the bank with an error at the line in the title. As far as I can see the pain is correct for a direct debit file. So I cannot see why this has fallen over. If anyone can provide an insight that would be helpful. Thank you.

Error Description from xmldation below.

"Error description:
Used root element is not the one specified in the schema. Could be caused by invalid namespace declaration, check for typing mistakes in root tag. For example "xmlsn =" instead of correct "xmlns=" or errors in namespace name. Other possibility is that you have validated file against wrong pipe or the file is based on different version of the schema than the pipe.
Correct form for pain.001.001.02 payments is: xmlns= "urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsdain.001.001.02".
Correct form for pain.001.001.03 payments is: xmlns= "urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsdain.001.001.03".
Explanation of the error message given by the validator:
Element 'Elem1': No matching global declaration available for the validation root.
Where Elem1 is the root element found from the file and which differs from the one specified in schema."