www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Simple Header Issue

Simple Header Issue

Hi there,

I am just putting the finishing touches on an eCommerce site I have been working on for a few months.

My issue is with the header. If the page is viewed in either Firefox or Internet Explorer, the header looks as it should. But when I attempt to view the site in Google Chrome or Safari, the website appears to apply the background image between two divs, rather than the single div behind the front divs.

I have been over my code several times, but cannot seem to figure out what it is that is causing this issue. I am sure that it is a simple issue, and I would greatly appreciate any help which could be provided.

http://temp2692.smartetailing.com/

Thank you,
    Paul

That page has some serious issues. I did a 'View Source' and scrolled down through the code and found what looks like several top sections appended to the start of the page, with multiple <!DOCTYPE> and <html> tags. So you need to start by fixing that problem.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thank you for noticing that! I forgot to remove those tags when I was inputting the code into the template.

Any ideas regarding the header?

You've still got lots of stray HTML mark-up scattered through your code. Try running it through http://validator.w3.org/
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Yes Validate your code pls.. its a mess! i saw atleast 3 separate <head></head> & <body></body> tags scattered in your code.. that is very very bad if you plan on debugging browser inconsistencies. Checked in chrome you have a bug with the header bg behind the search field.. more likely due to your messed up HTML because the image is actually 1 graphics... What cart system are you using ?

Other than that really nice website. I'm a huge MTB fan myself

Wow...I didn't realize there were so many tags. Thanks for noticing that. I'll let you know when I'm finished, and then maybe you can take a look at the header.

Thanks again!

Thread Information