www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HTML Input element

HTML Input element

Hi,

we have a company website (service now) which has inputs that are auto completed by something called Ajax Reference completer.

When I enter a value manually in the field, it gets autocompleted from a database of values.
    but when I set the value attribute to something, it doesn't do it, it is like it is waiting for some event to be triggered.

I had a select element that behaved kind of in the same way (if it isn't validated, the second one is unavailable). I triggered the "onchange" event and it works.

I tried a lot of things, to no avail...

Any help appreciated....

Clovis

1. Presumably the auto-complete system is using an "onchange" mechanism that only validates changes. A pre-set value is not a change.

2. Why does it need auto-completing if you are setting the value attribute correctly?

1. the Onchange event doesn't do anything.
    2. It needs it because I cannot save the page if it hasn't checked the value is correct.

Thanks

Would there be a way to, instead of setting the value, make it believe it was entered text manually?
    Right now I use powershell "Send-Keys, which doesn't work great.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Thread Information