dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What's the next step?

What's the next step?

Hello everybody! I need some help concerning where I should go and what I should do next.(I hope this is the correct section. If it isn't, i'm sorry) I'm pretty good with HTML, CSS, and know a great amount of JavaScript. With these, I can accomplish some really neat things! I'm just not sure what I need to learn next. I know that SEO would be a very good investment of my time, but I also think I should learn about how to communicate between sites and DB's. I'm pretty sure this means a serverside language of some sort along with MySQL.... I've read around but can't really grasp exactly what I should do. There are a ton of things that seem important. Should I take the time to learn PHP? RoR? Flash/ActionScript? Can you use Node.js to communicate with Databases? I guess I just need some type of direction to take, lol. Also some simple explaining of what exactly RoR and Node.js are....

Thanks in advance!

Bro I will tell you spend some time here take your work seriusly

All very good questions indeed, it all depends on you, and what you want to accomplish next. i was at the very same crossroads myself a few months ago..

Due to the nature of my business i opted for PHP/MySQL to strengthen my back-end programming. I hear good things about RoR too, actionscipt is a bit of a question mark as it not really sustainable.

And Yes, Node.js can interact wit mySQl.

Check out node.js module list

node-mysql — A node.js module implementing the MySQL protocol
    node-mysql-native — Yet another pure JS async driver. Pipelining, prepared statements.
    node-mysql-libmysqlclient — MySQL asynchronous bindings based on libmysqlclient
    node-mysql-pool — connection pool for node.js on top of Felix Geisendörfer’s MySQL client node-mysql.

All in all, keep learning what suits you the most.. I chose php/mysql and i'd recommend the same.

Bro I will tell you spend some time here take your work seriusly

Quote Originally Posted by Sabz View Post
    All very good questions indeed, it all depends on you, and what you want to accomplish next. i was at the very same crossroads myself a few months ago..

Due to the nature of my business i opted for PHP/MySQL to strengthen my back-end programming. I hear good things about RoR too, actionscipt is a bit of a question mark as it not really sustainable.

And Yes, Node.js can interact wit mySQl.

Check out node.js module list

node-mysql — A node.js module implementing the MySQL protocol
    node-mysql-native — Yet another pure JS async driver. Pipelining, prepared statements.
    node-mysql-libmysqlclient — MySQL asynchronous bindings based on libmysqlclient
    node-mysql-pool — connection pool for node.js on top of Felix Geisendörfer’s MySQL client node-mysql.

All in all, keep learning what suits you the most.. I chose php/mysql and i'd recommend the same.
    Thanks a bunch!!! I'll get into it soon.

Thread Information