www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is the best way to embed and automatically play a powerpoint presentation?

What is the best way to embed and automatically play a powerpoint presentation?

I have the job of creating an application that will browse through and display/slowly scroll through different sites (with scrolling text at the bottom), and play powerpoint presentations. It is to play on a public widescreen.

I did the first part using iframes and javascript, but I have no idea where to start for the powerpoint presentation. I read microsoft's 10 second easy online tutorial but it required me to sign up for skydrive and use it as the server to host my presentation. Problem is that the computer will be disconnected from the internet and even if it wasn't, I'd rather do everything locally.

I appreciate it a lot! Thank you!

Hmmmm, is it a desktop application or a web application ?
    you can try saving presentation with ppsx (Power Point Slide Show) extenssion

Yes ZABI is right. as desktop application or you can save your PPT presentation in document sharing site like box.com..!

It is a web application. That is to say, I want to be able to import/embed the powerpoint into a browser and play it automatically.
    How would I go abouts doing that? Any tutorial/link?

dont have the exact idea to accomplish. matbe it helps a bit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299824

Something tells me I may have miscommunicated my intentions.
    The app I need to make needs to automatically open a powerpoint, and automatically play the powerpoint. That is to say, I turn on the application, insert webpage urls and the directories for powerpoint presentations, and click 'start' and it will automatically play through everything (looping when it goes through once) through the rest of the day.

I'm proficient in Java, C++ (I could learn win32 api if required. I'm okay with it), HTML, javasript and jquery (for the most part).
    I saw the word flash movie tossed around but I don't know anything about flash.

So is there anything anyone can think of or recommend to me for a way to accomplish this? I don't care if I have to use c++ code to open a html file that will play through the URLs and then open a flash movie or something.
    And I'm also willing to learn flash (if someone can confirm that it can be actually done and just, point me in the right direction).
    I appreciate it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by 012anonymousxyz View Post
    Something tells me I may have miscommunicated my intentions.
    The app I need to make needs to automatically open a powerpoint, and automatically play the powerpoint. That is to say, I turn on the application, insert webpage urls and the directories for powerpoint presentations, and click 'start' and it will automatically play through everything (looping when it goes through once) through the rest of the day.

I'm proficient in Java, C++ (I could learn win32 api if required. I'm okay with it), HTML, javasript and jquery (for the most part).
    I saw the word flash movie tossed around but I don't know anything about flash.

So is there anything anyone can think of or recommend to me for a way to accomplish this? I don't care if I have to use c++ code to open a html file that will play through the URLs and then open a flash movie or something.
    And I'm also willing to learn flash (if someone can confirm that it can be actually done and just, point me in the right direction).
    I appreciate it a lot!

Hey, did you ever work out how to Autoplay a powerpoint presentation in an embedded iframe? I know through youtube embedding it's a case of adding "?autoplay=1" to the URL but this isn't helping with the powerpoint embedding problem - any ideas?
    Thanks!

Thread Information