www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP Catalog/Shopping Cart for Medical Supply Business - Please Help

PHP Catalog/Shopping Cart for Medical Supply Business - Please Help

Hi folks,

We are in the process of developing a unique PHP cart/catalog for a medical supply company. Here is the type of cart I need as we have scanned the web for something like this but cant seem to locate it (which I can't believe).

1. The Catalog/Cart and items would be viewable to all people, but WITHOUT pricing information per product.

2. In order to view the pricing, the user would have to call the medical supply company. The medical supply company would register their account and send them their login information. Users cannot register themselves. Once they are registered by the medical supply company, the user could then login and shop and see the prices.

Can you all guide me in the right direction to a PHP or other cart that already has this type of functionality?

Thank you all SO MUCH for your help with this!

VIIDC

I have a code program that allows to publish as a php catalog which doesnt include the prices thats what you need that option

Thanks digitaldesigns. Is this a complete PHP cart/catalog system?

Mainly, visitors can can view the items, but will not see the prices until they call us and we register them. So the cart/catalog will be a standard cart/catalog EXCEPT users cant register themselves and they will not be able to see the prices of the items until they are logged into the cart system.

Thanks.

If nothing else, find a cart package that does everything else you need, including a user authentication/login option. Then you could just (?) modify the views for the product listings to only display the price if the user is logged in. It might be as simple as:
    PHP Code:
    <span class='price'><?php
    if(!empty($_SESSION['login_id'])) {

printf('$%.2f'$thePrice);
    }
    else {
    ?><a href='/login.php'>Log In/Sign Up to see prices</a><?php
    }
    ?></span>
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Hey NogDog,

Interesting. Mainly, I need a cart/catalog type PHP system that will handle a BUNCH of products. I have seen so many on the web, HotScripts, etc., that I start getting confused. So, perhaps you may have a suggestion on a cart/catalog package, Open Source or pay version, doesn't matter.

I would also need to remove the option of user to register themselves as the staff would have to do this for them.

Thanks for your assistance and input on this!

VIIDC

Because I design for various types of Business and although I prefer to write from scratch to get a dynamic look and feel sometimes according to the needs of the end user you need to have software to accommodate if you don't know all the scripting languages.

Try Coffee Cup it has the features you need and is not expensive next to the other software platforms I have had to eat in the pursuit of a solution.

NogDog,

I have selected a few cart packages to try out and will definitely select the most robust one. It will be a paid package.

Once I get this package in place, can you advise where I would insert the code you suggested?

Thanks.

just a tip here try the Lynda.com tuts too download the videos you need and if you do the week trial download the exercise files as well for any topic that might help you on your way to making your business a success with the cart you choose

Quote Originally Posted by viidc View Post
    NogDog,

I have selected a few cart packages to try out and will definitely select the most robust one. It will be a paid package.

Once I get this package in place, can you advise where I would insert the code you suggested?

Thanks.
    That would depend on the particular software being used and how it is structured.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

i think this is possible if Joomla is used as a platform with PHP.

Thread Information