www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help convincing boss not to use Google Sites

Need help convincing boss not to use Google Sites

Hello all,

My knowledge of website design is minimal and I need some guidance.

I work at a college. We have two campuses. One campus is currently using Ingenuix as their cms, the other campus (the one I'm on) is using CMS Made Simple. The other campus wants us to move to Ingenuix. Our web admin is fighting this. I believe the web admin doesn't want to make this move because they have everything rigged up badly and it wouldn't be a smooth transfer. So this web admin is trying to get everyone on board with her new idea of using Google Sites for all of our campus's pages.

Could you guys please provide me with some key points of why this is an awful idea. I understand why it isn't a good idea in my head, but I cannot explain it well. I'm not IT, I'm just one of the departments being affected by this move.

Thank you for any help you can give.

...Could you guys please provide me with some key points of why this is an awful idea....
    That's what's known as a "loaded question."

I might start here, then see if (a) you still feel it's a bad idea, and if so, then (b) use the information you find there to make your own pros/cons report. Assuming you don't find one or two single cons that are so egregious that it's obviously a bad fit, then you need to "show your work", so to speak, if you are going to convince the decision-makers that it's not just your personal "gut feeling."
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information