www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP error column issue

PHP error column issue

Hi

I added extra fields following the link below

http://www.webidsupp....ight=condition

I get the following error after pressing submit

An unexpected error occurred. The error has been forwarded to our technical team and will be fixed shortly

I checked the error log just now in admin ->tools and has the following

Ford Mondeo

', '', 198, 0, '299', '0', '0', '299', '1', '1',
    '1', '2', 'Array', 'Silver', '3', '2', '1', '0', '2', '1', 0, '1367774117', 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'n', '', 'y', 'n', 'n', 'n', 0.00)
    Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    page:/home/sites/247autotrade.com/public_html/sell.php line:108

I found it is because I have a field short in the coding I am guessing as also found out there are more database columns than there are values, is that right? if so just unsure how to correct it

I have been trying to fix it for ages but can't seem to do it

Is it to do with the coding below

PHP Code:
    return "INSERT INTO " $DBPrefix "auctions VALUES (NULL, " .$user->user_data['id'] . ", '" .   
    $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_title']) . "', '" $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_subtitle']) . "', '" $a_starts "', '" addslashes($_SESSION['SELL_description']) . "', '" $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_pict_url']) . "', " $_SESSION['SELL_sellcat1'] . ", " intval($_SESSION['SELL_sellcat2']) . ", '" $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] == 'n') ? $_SESSION['SELL_minimum_bid'] : $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price']) . "', '" $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_cost']) . "', '" $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_reserve'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_reserve_price'] : 0) . "', '" $system->input_money(($_SESSION['SELL_with_buy_now'] == 'yes') ? $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_price'] : 0) . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_atype'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_condition'] . "',  
    '" 
    $_SESSION['SELL_make'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_model'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_number_doors'] . "', '"  
    $_SESSION['SELL_colour'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_year'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_fuel_type'] . "', '"   
    $_SESSION['SELL_duration'] . "', '" $system->input_money($_SESSION['SELL_customincrement']) . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_shipping'] . "', '" $payment_text "', " . (($_SESSION['SELL_international']) ? 0) . ", '" $a_ends "', 0, 0, " . (($_SESSION['SELL_file_uploaded']) ? 0) . ", " $_SESSION['SELL_iquantity'] . ", 0, " intval($_SESSION['SELL_relist']) . ", 0, 0, 'n', '" $system->cleanvars($_SESSION['SELL_shipping_terms']) . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_buy_now_only'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_is_bold'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_is_highlighted'] . "', '" $_SESSION['SELL_is_featured'] . "', " $fee ")";  

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Ian

There must be the exact same number of values as columns, but you can specify the exact columns you are providing values for if you are not sending a value for every column in the table. In fact, it's generally best to specify every column to be used anyway even if you're supplying a value for every column, just in case the column order is changed or new, optional columns are added, etc.
    Code:
    INSERT INTO table_name (
      col_1,  -- here is where we specify the columns
      col_2,
      col_3
    )
    VALUES (
      123,  -- this is where we provide their values
      'foo',
      'bar'
    )
    Also, if you make generous use of newlines in your SQL (such as I did above), it makes it easier to visually check your source code to ensure you have the same number of columns and values, and that each value is associated with the correct column.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information