www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Review My Blog

Please Review My Blog

Hey all. I hope you are all enjoying good health. I have recently created a blog of my own and have posted some meaningful and useful articles. I wanted to get an opinion from all of you guys about how it looks, its color scheme and even the quality of content. I developed and designed it and also wrote the articles myself so it showcases my development and designing skills as well as content writing skills. So i would really appreciate all your opinions. Thank You guys.

egenie blog

here are my thoughts

super nice! love the graphics. ok here is what i got: background image is too distracting for text sections, more transparency would help. click on the "disqus" link froze my browser (chrome 26). there sure are a lot of social icons. 6 style sheets seems like a lot. text lines are over 100 characters which is very long - 60 or less is recommended in the research i have done. your sentecne "This one is for the newcomers to the SEO field and those who are experts can refresh their good old days of learning." the phrase "those who are experts" is a little awkward, how about "and you experts" hope this helps cheers!

Just saw your post and I am pleased with your analysis its very meaningful and brief i thank you for that. As for the back ground image, umm well i wanted to high light the genie logo but if its too distracting i will make it more transparent but i will like any suggestion as to how can i highlight the genie logo. Also the style sheets you noticed, if you were me, then which sheets would have picked and left the rest? as to my content, your idea is actually right. I am new at content writing so i am still learning. I haven taken your analysis into account and will make proper changes Thank you very much.

"how can i highlight the genie logo" maybe a sharp thin line instead of the 2 color large illustration?

"the style sheets you noticed, if you were me, then which sheets would have picked and left the rest?" according to the forums on digitalpoint it is better to have one long file than multiple ones. let me be clear, i suggest you post there for a better explanation.

"I am new at content writing so i am still learning" actually your writing is not bad, but you should review it by reading it out loud to yourself to see how it sounds

cheers!

I agree that the background image of the genie is a bit much. If you toned it down a bit i think it would be alright. I do like your articles though. The one about web designers vs. web developers was hilarious. What do you do if your both the designer and the developer? I was also curious to see how your packages work for you guys. Do you ever run into projects that are too big and dont fit into your package criteria. Typically each site i build i bid differently and i dont use cms all too much so just curious.

All your helpful suggestions are coming in and giving me some hope haha. Thank you guys. I am working on the background image but i am not getting satisfied with the results and i guess now i have to think out of the box. Also i appreciate the admiration about my writing skills. Peter lewis i do read it out loud and make amendments where necessary but thank you for suggesting. And Jfulton, the packages work out quiet nice for us but if a project comes that requires special kind of work or doesnt fall in the payment plan then we try to negotiate and make a custom package for the client .

loved ur work.... dats really a nyc one. thumbsup!!

You have done very good work on your blog. Everything is looking attractive and design phase is very good. You have used a very good theme for the blog and everything is looking so managed.

Thank you for increasing my Red blood cells. hahaha. I appreciate your comment. Any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Thread Information