www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: which is the best framework for php?

which is the best framework for php?

Hello Guys
    I am new in Development, so please tell me which is the best framework for php. share your feedback and suggestion.

Thanks

I think that depends on what you want your framework to do for you, and whether you want/need it to support specific technologies and/or versions. (e.g., do you want something like Lithium that makes extensive use of PHP name-spaces and most of the other latest/greatest PHP features?)

Basically, most developers will recommend whichever one they've used the most.

I've used CodeIgniter several times in the past and liked it well enough, but for the last year-and-a-half I've been using a proprietary PHP framework based on Java Struts, so I don't really know how up-to-date CI has been lately.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Symfony2 was my first php framework. So i can say: understanding the mvc architecture came easly than i thought. for better and faster working.

As NogDog said, it depends on what you want your framework to do for you

In my opinion, After trial of some frameworks , Codeignitor(CI) may be the simplest one .. Easy to learn ,easy to migrate to it .. And powerful introducing too many helping tools and functionalities to allow you organize and code easily , smoothly and effectively with little secure code !

Some other frameworks are more powerful such as YII allowing a great GUI (called GII) for easily creating your well written PHP classes , then you have to just edit , But its more sofosticated and not as easy as CI.

Others like Zend are in the middle of them ...

My advice , If you still want to break the world of frameworks , then start with Codeignitor .. You will love it and may work with it for years ..

Regards,

I also think you should start out with CodeIgniter. If you don't like it, learn a more complicated framework. It will be easier because you won't be completely new to frameworks. I pity anybody who's first framework was something like Zend 0_0

Hello,

All the frameworks are good.It's goodness depends on which purpose do you use it.

If you would like to develop eCommerce site then Magento is good for that.In such way all the framework like joomla , wordpress etc. are useful

Quote Originally Posted by John_Gill View Post
    Hello,

All the frameworks are good.It's goodness depends on which purpose do you use it.

If you would like to develop eCommerce site then Magento is good for that.In such way all the framework like joomla , wordpress etc. are useful
    Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal are CMSs (content management systems), not frameworks

Quote Originally Posted by jasminjew View Post
    Symfony2 was my first php framework. So i can say: understanding the mvc architecture came easly than i thought. for better and faster working.
    jasminjew, did you work with data grids in symfony 2? I need them for my web service and can't find a handy way.

Personally I don't like any framework and that is because you are reliant on anothers "Security" in code that they provide.

If you really need to use a framework then the best option is to try a few and see which one jumps out at you.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

UPD: I've found DataGridBundle/ for Symfony2. Have you ever used it?

Best to prefer CakePHP. It is quite amazing framework for PHP to get build any kind of web application with rapidly.
    I am Working at PHP Development Company

I used Symfony2 for ORM and Injection and it is super. It is very simple and there are a lot of documentation in internet.

Thread Information