www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Zend or Yii which Framework is good to use ??

Zend or Yii which Framework is good to use ??

I am new in PHP and going to start a project soon I just want to know that is Zend framework development is the right choice for me to use for this project or not ? Plz suggest me .

To really answer that, it probably depends on what your exact project will be: you should match your tool to your project, not the other way around.

Anyway, I have not used Zend, but my 2nd-hand understanding is that, compared to most MVC frameworks, it supplies more options and built-in capabilities, but at the cost of some added complexity and the likelihood that you may need to get a bit further down into the weeds to customize it for your exact needs. However, it would certainly be an excellent learning experience, if you can afford what would probably be a bit more time to get up to speed on it, and assuming it does, in fact, provide what you actually need for your project. (Because of its features and somewhat lower-level approach, it's pretty likely to be able to do whatever it is you need doing; the only question might be whether some other framework might happen to do the same thing with less effort on your part.)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    To really answer that, it probably depends on what your exact project will be: you should match your tool to your project, not the other way around.

Anyway, I have not used Zend, but my 2nd-hand understanding is that, compared to most MVC frameworks, it supplies more options and built-in capabilities, but at the cost of some added complexity and the likelihood that you may need to get a bit further down into the weeds to customize it for your exact needs. However, it would certainly be an excellent learning experience, if you can afford what would probably be a bit more time to get up to speed on it, and assuming it does, in fact, provide what you actually need for your project. (Because of its features and somewhat lower-level approach, it's pretty likely to be able to do whatever it is you need doing; the only question might be whether some other framework might happen to do the same thing with less effort on your part.)

Realy thanks for information.

Thread Information