dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: create a new module in vTiger

Question create a new module in vTiger

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to create a new module with some text fields or whatever inputs you want in vTiger 6?
    I need to know which files to create/edit and what to put in. I need a starting point.
    I'm asking because the documentation is really thin and that "Payslip" example on their page didn't help me too much.

Thanks!

I figured out how to create a test extension module, now I need to add fields to it.. Any ideas?

I'm guessing that many are in the same boat as I am: I have no idea what vTiger is.

Have you tried their forum, yet?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

vTiger is an open source CRM, meant to improve productivity by managing a the relations of a company with current and future clients.
    It's meant to be used by small businesses, howerver, I found medium size companies that use it, mainly because it's free and can be extended with modules created by developers.
    However, there is a catch, it is free, but with a cost, so to say: the documentation is thin and the CRM has quite a lot of flaws...I mean lots of modules that should come with the basic package are not developed by the creators...you can find them at some other developers, but they are quite expensive.
    And now I should become one of those developers - my boss needs this - and I don't have a good starting point

Thread Information