dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Unindexing site data from search engines

Unindexing site data from search engines

Hello,

I am redesigning a website for my company and I messed up -- I am using WordPress and I forgot to click the 'disallow search engines from indexing my site' button until I was well into the project. I am wondering what I need to do to figure out what data from my site is stored on search engines and how to get the search engines to 'forget' the pages it has stored.

Can anyone provide some good resources for how to do this?

Thanks!
    Amanda

If you have not already done so, you should create a Google Search Console account for your site (old name was Google Webmaster Tools). From the Search Console, for your site, you can go to the "Remove URL" option within the "Search Index" section.
    Lots Of Software, LLC
    --- My Signature ---

When I type site:example.com(using my domain obviously), I get several link errors showing up in the listing. Typically, they are of the form: /some/fixed/path/admin/unblockUser/11

I am thinking of adding the following line to my robots.txt file:

Disallow: /some/fixed/path/admin/*
    putlocker

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    If you have not already done so, you should create a Google Search Console account for your site (old name was Google Webmaster Tools). From the Search Console, for your site, you can go to the "Remove URL" option within the "Search Index" section.
    How long will this action take effect? And if we need to index the site again, then we add the site back to Google Console?

Thread Information