www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Apple vs Android - Marketshare

Hybrid View

Apple vs Android - Marketshare

We often heard about the rivalry between several big brands like cannon vs nikon and ferrari vs Porsch, now there is rivalry between worlds strongest brands Apple and Android. They both are in the business of providing operating system platform for tablets and smartphones.

Apples global market share remains constant from the years, but the android market share exploded within the recent years. Stats shows that apple dominated the global market share with constant 10 to 15% over the years where android leads the global market share by huge 70%, the combined global market share for these two gaints cover 80% of the total market shares.

For apple US,UK and Australia is the strongest market share.

Android growth in China is amazing.

Android also dominated the indian market share, iphone struggles in the indian market due to its high price.

Hello,
    You can refer to this link for knowing the marketshare
    http://bgr.com/2013/06/04/ios-androi...are-april-2013

Yes, somewhere true facts, android has good grip in india, but due to high rate iphone still is struggling over in india .

Quote Originally Posted by rickbrown View Post
    We often heard about the rivalry between several big brands like cannon vs nikon and ferrari vs Porsch, now there is rivalry between worlds strongest brands Apple and Android. They both are in the business of providing operating system platform for tablets and smartphones.

Apples global market share remains constant from the years, but the android market share exploded within the recent years. Stats shows that apple dominated the global market share with constant 10 to 15% over the years where android leads the global market share by huge 70%, the combined global market share for these two gaints cover 80% of the total market shares.

For apple US,UK and Australia is the strongest market share.

Android growth in China is amazing.

Android also dominated the indian market share, iphone struggles in the indian market due to its high price.

Apple = Microsoft = closed

Android = Google = Open

It is as simple as that and also why be a complete muppet and spend £500 on something that has less than £30 of components when you can get a decent Android for 1/5th the price or less?
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Hi, right good explanation android -> google = on boom !
    Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    Apple = Microsoft = closed

Android = Google = Open

It is as simple as that and also why be a complete muppet and spend £500 on something that has less than £30 of components when you can get a decent Android for 1/5th the price or less?

Hi...Dominic Sunnebo, global consumer insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, commented: ‘Across Europe, Android growth remains strong. However, in the U.S. Apple’s expanded distribution agreement with T-Mobile is helping the iPhone keep Android growth at bay. T-Mobile is the smallest of the big four US carriers but it does have the capacity to give iOS a boost, particularly as 28% of its customers plan to buy an iPhone when they next upgrade.’

Android accounted for a massive 75 percent of the first quarter market share with 162.1 million shipment volumes reported. Android's market share is significantly up compared to the first quarter of 2012, which stood at 59.1 percent while the shipment volume was nearly half at 90.3 million.

I think both have their distinguishing feature and they works and specializes in a very unique way.

Hello...Last week Techpinions.com posted a really good editorial by John Kirk discussing how much of a joke it is to consider Android the winner in the smartphone space simply because they have the most market share. The very next day, Business Insider tech editor Jay Yarow pubished a post with a headline that read, “Apple Should Be Furious That It Has Such A Tiny Sliver Of The Smartphone Market.” Here's John Gruber’s response at Daring Fireball. And here's my take...

John Kirk opens with a well known joke about two farmers buying watermelons. They pay $5 per watermelon and sell them for $4 each, obviously losing money. At the end of the day they realize they’ve lost money so their conclusion is they need to buy a bigger truck; they need to conduct more watermelon-selling business.

Last week Techpinions.com posted a really good editorial by John Kirk discussing how much of a joke it is to consider Android the winner in the smartphone space simply because they have the most market share. The very next day, Business Insider tech editor Jay Yarow pubished a post with a headline that read, “Apple Should Be Furious That It Has Such A Tiny Sliver Of The Smartphone Market.” Here's John Gruber’s response at Daring Fireball. And here's my take...

John Kirk opens with a well known joke about two farmers buying watermelons. They pay $5 per watermelon and sell them for $4 each, obviously losing money. At the end of the day they realize they’ve lost money so their conclusion is they need to buy a bigger truck; they need to conduct more watermelon-selling business.

Apple came in as a low priced option for expensive Apple products people for the first time came to know that Apple was just fooling them with their products may be this is the reason it exploded in sales numbers.

I guess that everyone has his own point of view on this topic. Suppose that Android is winning if we’re talking about market share; iOS if we mean financial success. But numbers are constantly changing, so it becomes more and more interesting to observe this rivalry.

Both are equally good and market leader. I personally great fan of Android and now even windows 8 also

Google's smartphone operating system now powers a whopping 80% of devices worldwide. Apple's iOS operating system for iPhones only powers 13% of smartphones. but android is very user friendly as well as affordable.

Thread Information