www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: website on wamp issues

Hybrid View

website on wamp issues

Hi

I am building a website on wamp that I can play around with and have got some errors

They are

SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
    ( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: qs in C:\wamp\www\admin website\admin\index.php on line 22

AND

SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
    ( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: inv_usr in C:\wamp\www\admin website\admin\index.php on line 52

ON LINE 22 IS THE FOLLOWING

if($_REQUEST["qs"]=="logout"

AND ON LINE 52 IS THE FOLLOWING

<?php if($_GET['inv_usr'] == 'yes')

I got a couple on the front end of the website as well but will worry about them after

Any ideas

Kind regards

Ian

When specifying an array element, the part within the square brackets is the "index" (a.k.a. "key"). The notices are telling you in each case that the index you are using for the given array is not defined. So, now you need to determine if there is a bug causing them to not be defined (the simplest case being a typo in either the index name or even just the array name itself). Or, if it is a case where it is valid for that array element to not be defined at that point, then you should use some sort of conditional code to handle that situation (typically using the isset() function to test if that array element exists before you try to do anything with it).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information