www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Creating my website

Creating my website

Hey guys,

I am planning on creating a specific website which I won't go into details but give an overview. I do not have any knowledge in html or different coding. However I have created websites through godaddy's website builder and what not. When it comes to ideas and creativity I believe I am really strong even though I have no coding experience.

Anyways, I would like to create a website where people can create an "account" and they can share "stories" to everyone else. And the top stories that have the most thumbs up would come on the first page. Secondly, the users should be also able to upload videos.

Does anyone have any websites they can refer to me where I can do this on my own with pretty much no coding experience? I know there are so many templates and all, I would like my website to come on top however I would like to try it without all the coding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I noticed no one replied to my post. However, I decided to learn programming myself. Can someone look at my first post (the idea of my website) and tell me what "kind" of programming I need? I know there are such things like java, html, etc. Which one do I need to learn to create a website like the one I described?

Thanks.

From the sounds of what you are trying to do, you will need a mix of html, css, php, mysql, and javascript (not to be confused with java). Just my opinion though.

html to display the website
    css to create the layout and style of the website
    php and mysql to display the information such as user stories and videos, not to mention user accounts and login information
    javascript for the rating of the stories and articles

Hope that helps, it's a lot to learn at once so I would recommend starting easy with html and css then learning from there.

Creating a website can be done in many ways. Many web hosting providers provide website building tools and software. This is the easiest method of building a website. Alternatively, you can use programs such as FrontPage and Macromedia Dreamweaver to create your website. It all depends on your comfort level.

You can also learn HTML or Flash, or you can hire a web designer to build your website for you.

Kishor Makwana
    Software Engineer
    Insight Softech
    www.insightsoftech.com

Obviously, it is not so easy to create a website, for you should buy a proper domain name, precise site structure as well as good website text. As for me, the most difficult thing of creating a website is on the building and spreading.

Creating a website is not an easy task. You should learn about the language in which you are going to build your website and also have to learn about web designing concepts. It will help you a lot while making your web site.

I would suggest PHP that it is good one as per your requirement.

Thread Information