dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Putting a video on my website

Putting a video on my website

Hi
    If I put a video on my website would you recommend uploading to youtube or vimeo and stream from there or save the video on my server and play from there? If I saved the video on my server would that affect the load time of my website?
    Thanks

Very informative post. Thanks www.webdeveloper.com for taking the time to share your view with us.

I would recommend uploading your video to a site like youtube or some other video hosting site just to keep your servers load time down.

Also you can possibly make some revenue of advertisements shown with your video.

Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by bnp View Post
    I would recommend uploading your video to a site like youtube or some other video hosting site just to keep your servers load time down.

Also you can possibly make some revenue of advertisements shown with your video.

Hope this helped
    Says it all!!!

if you upload it to any video site, you would not have to pay for the bandwidth fees (although bandwidth is really cheap now a days)
    if you add it to your website, you would need to take care so that it plays on desired operating systems like windows, mac, unix, etc
    uploading video to your website can help you in seo as well.

If I were you I'd just upload it to Youtube or Vimeo and let them host it and let them foot the bandwidth cost. However, be sure to always have a master copy of your video saved on your hard drive because you never know if those 3rd party sites will decide to take down your video without warning!

Putting a video on my website

Hi... Video is one of the most important forms of content on the Internet.

Most Internet users can now stream video (and the quality keeps getting better).

Ways to put video onto your website…

Hello... Even if you are using a content delivery network or self-hosting your videos, use Tubemogul to automatically upload the videos to YouTube and other video sharing sites. It's a free and easy way to increase the exposure and audience your video receives.

Use smart video SEO tactics when titling your video page, video file and any tags or meta information. This will increase the chances of your video showing up in search engines.

Don't self-host anything you hope to make a viral video. If the video really does blow up, you might just crash your whole server and make it impossible for anyone to watch. Use YouTube instead. It has the platform and the audience reach you'll need for any amount of viral success.

Customize the video settings if you are embedding video from YouTube or a similar site. Video sharing sites usually let you customize the video embed code to influence the behavior of the video player. You can set it for autoplay, HD or standard, enable or disable social features, and control the videos that are displayed afterward.

Thread Information