dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Spent months building a website, but have NO traffic at all!!!

Spent months building a website, but have NO traffic at all!!!

Hello

I have spent months developing this cool idea for a website => www.techcrusher.org

It's a website where you can rate and review tech-products. Then, the website nicely ranks those products, so you have a nice overview.

Only problem is, nobody visits my website whatsoever! It would be nice to see it working, and have at least a few members reviewing products. But for now it remains DEAD...

Any help on how to approach this problem and start attracting my first highly valued members?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the site. The home page is attractive enough, but anonymous. Perhaps it would help if you put a description on the page similar to that in the head "TechCrusher makes your life easier by helping you choose the right tech. Get advice from real users who own the product!". Above all else, I suspect you need to get some reviews on the products, even if you have to commission them, or even write them yourself!
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 09-17-2015 at 04:57 PM.

I have not looked at the content of your website because "jedaisoul" reviewed it and I don't think I will add more to what has been suggested but I noticed that you have 0 backlinks to your website .. if that is accurate then you need to do more work on the off page SEO .. It seems like you have done some on page SEO which is good but not enough

There are millions of websites out there and if you do not promote your site .. no one would know about it .. Social media are very useful in that regards

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Hi and welcome to the site. The home page is attractive enough, but anonymous. Perhaps it would help if you put a description on the page similar to that in the head "TechCrusher makes your life easier by helping you choose the right tech. Get advice from real users who own the product!". Above all else, I suspect you need to get some reviews on the products, even if you have to commission them, or even write them yourself!
    Thanks, I do realize that the big challenge is to get a certain amount of reviews to get the thing going. But if possible I would like them to be authentic, because that's why I built the website. It needs to show what other review-blogs or websites can't show, and that is an unbiased reprentation of how good a product is.

Perhaps I was not clear, I was not suggesting That you concoct fake reviews. I meant that you should beg, borrow (but not steal) whatever devices you could, and review them. As for "unbiased" whose opinion can be unbiased in a marketplace still largely dominated by one manufacturer, whose marketing practices and over-priced products you either love or loathe? Not that I am biased at all!

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Perhaps I was not clear, I was not suggesting That you concoct fake reviews. I meant that you should beg, borrow (but not steal) whatever devices you could, and review them. As for "unbiased" whose opinion can be unbiased in a marketplace still largely dominated by one manufacturer, whose marketing practices and over-priced products you either love or loathe? Not that I am biased at all!
    You're right about being unbiased. But what I meant was that the rating of a device will depend on everyones opinion, rather than the opinion of one person. I am thinking about all the possible options now to get reviews on there, but I realise whichever option I go for it will cost a lot of effort

You can use social media website as an effective way to increase and enhance the value of your campaign in an effective way.

A GREAT WEBSITE WITH NO SEO IS LIKE PARTY WITH NO GUESTS. It's not only meta tags , it's much more. You need to have relevant content on your site, one great method of driving traffic to your side would be blogging and addressing pertinent topics, such as "finding the right device for you" or some such topics.

Quote Originally Posted by hluoma_studio98 View Post
    A GREAT WEBSITE WITH NO SEO IS LIKE PARTY WITH NO GUESTS. It's not only meta tags , it's much more. You need to have relevant content on your site, one great method of driving traffic to your side would be blogging and addressing pertinent topics, such as "finding the right device for you" or some such topics.
    Excellent mate! I am totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mainsqueez View Post
    Excellent mate! I am totally agree with you.
    Thanks for all the replies! It's been a while, and I've worked on SEO, UX and started building Social channels. The website is very slowly gaining traction because of this. Check it out if you like, and thanks again for the great feedback.

Cheers

Thread Information