dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Multiple Choice Test With User Comparison

Question Multiple Choice Test With User Comparison

Hey there,

I'm looking for something specific that I know is doable because I saw it on a site but now the site is defunct and I haven't been able to find it elsewhere.

I'm looking for a multiple choice test (using radio buttons) that after it's submitted and saved can then be compared to another user's test by typing in their username and sometimes password. I remember talking to him and him saying it was done in JavaScript, but I haven't been able to find anything similar with any of my queries around the internet.

If you've seen anything like that or could give me guidance as to how to do that - I can make the form easily enough and I've got basic JavaScript knowledge, it's just a bit more than I'm used to. I've also thrown the idea of doing this in a database using PHP & MySQL around but haven't decided on that yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Jonathan.

Browsers can retain some data, so it's theoretically possible to write a script that would retain the test results of multiple users - as long as they were all using the same computer and browser. But from a practical point of view, you're going to need a server-based solution with appropriate software so that the results from all users are stored in a central location and available as needed.

Thread Information