dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Reseller Options

Reseller Options

Hi,

I am currently looking to setup a new reseller account with a hosting company.

I've heard mixed reports about GoDaddy, however i've always found their support satisfactory.

I also find that their websites (on standard shared hosting accounts), seem to run noticeably quicker.

I have spent some time on their website and on the phone to them reviewing their reseller options.

They seem to have two options but, seem to market one more than the other (especially on their website).

A - SELL GoDaddy THROUGH YOUR SITE
    This option allows you to sell GoDaddy domains and hosting packages through your site. GoDaddy provide you with a resell rates for domain names and hosting, and then you add your markup onto their figures and your customers complete the orders seamlessly through your company website.

B - TRADITIONAL RESELLING VIA VPS
    This option allows you to buy a VPS and then sell / add new domains and accounts to the VPS, which you then sell to your customers.

Options B seems much better to me, as you don't make as much with A, due to the fact that GoDaddy are taking a large cut on each domain name and hosting package that you sell. Am i right in saying that if i choose option B, then i just pay a set fee every month, regardless of the number of customers i have?

Any other advice on this would be much appreciated, as i am completely new to the reseller market, thank you.

Question about option B.....If I sign up with you via that option and I lose a ton of money every hour if and when YOUR server is down - do you have insurance to cover my losses?

I guess that would fall under the parent company, godaddy, and the terms you have with them and your client.

Thread Information