www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Textarea Issue

Textarea Issue

Im currently modifying an outdated CMS to fit my needs as a torrent link manager. I updated the BBCode textarea to be able to handle html coding because I wanted to be able to use a fancybox javascript. The original bbcode textarea could not do this. If I don't use html the new textarea works fine.

Please keep in mind that I am more comfortable with Html and ASP but I'm quickly trying to pick up basic PHP functions. So bare with my limited knowledge.

I put this html code in the textarea:

<a href="http://imghost.com/images/984145.jpg" class='ku_fancybox'>Miami Heat Clip | 22.27&nbsp;MB | AVI</a>

And the textarea area shows me the correct output:

Miami Heat Clip | 22.27*MB | AVI

This link is suppose to open up the preview image in a fancybox but when I submit the form I get this instead:

<p><a href=„http://imghost.com/images/984145.jpg“ class=„ku_fancybox“>Miami Heat Clip | 22.27&nbsp;MB | AVI</a>
    </p>

For some reason it's turning my 2 of my quotations upside down.
    Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or have some info that will point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

You should use htmlspecialchars

This is the original bbcode textarea:
    PHP Code:
    <div class="box">
                            <
    div class="bbcode">
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_b"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'B')" style="font-weight: 700" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_i"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'I')" style="font-style: italic" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_u"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'U')" style="text-decoration: underline" />
                                &
    nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_quote"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'QUOTE')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_code"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'CODE')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_url"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'URL')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_email"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'EMAIL')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_upload_bbcode_img"}" onclick="javascript:simple_bbcode(this,'IMG')" />
                                <
    br/>
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_big"}" onclick="javascript:add_bbcode('[size=20][/size]')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_small"}" onclick="javascript:add_bbcode('[size=12][/size]')" />
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_color"}" onclick="javascript:add_bbcode('[color=#000000][/color]')" />
                                &
    nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                <
    input type="button" value="{t k="tpl_post_bbcode_break"}" onclick="javascript:add_bbcode('[break]');this.disabled=true" />
                                <
    span id="popup_container"></span>
                            </
    div>
                        </
    div>
                        <
    div class="spacer"></div>
                        <
    div class="box">
                            <
    textarea name="post_content" id="txt" class="newpost_textarea" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" ondblclick="storeCaret(this);">{if isset($dl)}{$dl.content|escape:"html"}{/if}</textarea>
                        </
    div
    And this is what I modified:
    (1. I deleted the input types from above)
    (2. I added this to the header)
    <script src="{$rsurl}scripts/whizzywig2011.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    (3. I changed the class name of the textarea)
    <div class="spacer"></div>

<div class="spacer"></div>
    <div class="box">
    <textarea name="post_content" id="txt" class="WYSIWYG" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" ondblclick="storeCaret(this);"> {if isset($dl)}{$dl.content|escape:"html"}{/if}</textarea>
    </div>

Thread Information