www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are inbound links and what are outbound links?

What are inbound links and what are outbound links?

Hello Guys,
    I am new to seo and bit confuse about what are inbound and outbound links. what is these? please share your feedback.
    Thanks for any reply.

In bound links are coming to a website while outbound links are going out from your site to others.
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

Inbound links are those links which are coming to our website from another website whereas outbound link are those types of links which are going to another site from our site. Inbound link is known as back links and outbound links are known as outgoing links.

Here is some useful info regarding inbound and outbound links:

"Inbound links or commonly known as “backlinks” are the links pointing to your site and search engines like Google like it when you have thousands of links pointing to your site but sometimes Google penalizes you for it too if you have poor quality and irrelevant backlinks pointing to your site. Yes, because you have no authority over the inbound links which others post for you. Google only likes it when relevant links point to your site but as you have no control over them you cannot control which sites point to your site. But if your content is rich with information and unique then chances are that people will link to your site and there are more chances that those links will be “dofollow” and you will get some free and targeted traffic to your site. Inbound links that are “dofollow” also increase your website’s PR and SERPs and are considered healthy for any blog or website.

Outbound links:

These are the links pointing to other websites from your website and you have more control over these links. People have different views about outbound links and many say that it is against the SEO rules and search engines can penalize you for doing this. This approach is wrong; I know Google cannot penalize me if I put a link to Google inside my post. My theory is that you should link to relevant content if it gives more information to your readers. Bloggers are of the view that you lose traffic when you put outbound links in your posts but if you share useful resources then chances are that your readers will stick to your blog and will come back in search of more useful resources. But if you do put outbound links in your posts then make sure they are pointing to relevant, original and informative content".

Hi!
    Inbound links are URLs leading back to a webpage from an external source. URLs should include the main page of a business and the internal pages for optimal effect.
    Outbound links point to another website outside of your main URL.

1. Inbound links or commonly known as “backlinks” are the links pointing to your site from other site.
    2. Outbound links are the links pointing to other sites from your site.

Three types of links
    internal links: A webpage linking from one webpage to another webpage internally. The web page must be in the same domain. It's good for your website and convenient to your customer.

Inbound links: Number of links coming from other websites to your website. It's good for your website.
    External links: A other website linking from your website. It's not good for your website. Apply nofollow relation to that anchor tag to prevent link juice.

Inbound links:-
    Are links that are directly pointing towards your website and web page's. They are also called as backlinks.

outbound links:-
    Means that your website has links for some other websites on it.

With so many answers you should have understood about inbound and outbound links, another thing you need to consider is internal links which can be reviewed from google / bing webmaster tools

Inbound links or backlinks, come from an external site to yours.
    Outbound links are the links pointing to other websites from your website.

Inbound Links- Those links which are coming to your website

Outbound Links- Those links which are going from your website (to other website)

I found a useful article which basically explains the difference in full detail.
    Click here to read the article Hope that helps

Its simple when you are giving the link to another site then your link will acts as inbound link for that site and out bound link for your site at the same time when you are getting the links from some other sites then those links are acts as the inbound link for your site.

Inbound links are the links that are pointing to your website from other websites. They are also known as Backlinks.

Outbound links are the links that are pointing to different websites from your websites.
    Halwits - Website and Software Development Company

Inbounds liks are those links which are coming to our sites and aslo we called them the backlinks and in outbound links we are giving links to another site.

Thread Information