www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would you test this for clarity?

Question would you test this for clarity?

on my site, instead of having validity pictures, i made a link that says "Valid Code?" to a file that is supposed to explain about why my XHTML code is invalid, and why my CSS is, and then have links. Could you tell me if I was clear enough..? Thanks in advance

Homepage...
    http://projep.t35.com/
    Explanation file...
    http://projep.t35.com/valid.php

Seems to do the job fine.. Though, why dont you just get a better host?

Also, you can validate your source code without having the server generate its extra markup. That way you can still have it validated.

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

Yeah, but that would be lying. And I plan to move to a better host.. when I can find one.

A visual note:
    Your site has an irritating flikker when scrolling on a flat screen monitor. Probable cause is the dark striped background.

Really? I saw no flicker. And I have an LCD screen too.

When you use the window scrollbar?

Originally posted by Fang
    When you use the window scrollbar?
    Might not be a moniter issue. Could also be your video drivers. You running nvidea or ati or what?

me? i have no idea what im running. its a windows xp with a flat screen and a fast cpu. thats all i no.

usually, it will say the name of your graphics card on the back of your computer sumwhere, or else sumtimes there will be a sticker on the computer with system attributes. if you cannot find any sign of text indicating a graphics card, u probably have integrated graphics(which r pretty much as low as u can go, i believe).
    -Dan
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

Originally posted by DanieLTomaS
    usually, it will say the name of your graphics card on the back of your computer sumwhere, or else sumtimes there will be a sticker on the computer with system attributes. if you cannot find any sign of text indicating a graphics card, u probably have integrated graphics(which r pretty much as low as u can go, i believe).
    -Dan
    you have got that right, on board video drastically lowers a pc's performance. If you have even a geforce3 or something, it is better then onboard, because onboard draws from your machines ram and thus it makes your computer much slower.

btw, while the topic is up in the air, i have an older comp with integrated graphics. i was wondering if it is possible to upgrade integrated to say, nvidea, considering they are attatched right to the motherboard. ne1 able to clear this up for me?
    -Dan
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

He might as well just look in his device manager.. Thats easy enough.

well theres a sticker on front but um.. heh heh.. kinda put a afro monkey sticker over it....

Originally posted by omega
    well theres a sticker on front but um.. heh heh.. kinda put a afro monkey sticker over it....
    LMAO

Originally posted by DanieLTomaS
    LMAO
    Yes. Afro Monkeys are awesome. Oh yeah, and I bent the sticker where the afro is so when the annoying red light blinks, his hair lights up.

Thread Information