www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help getting started, developing merchant site with bitcoin (javascript)

Question Need help getting started, developing merchant site with bitcoin (javascript)

Hello Developers,
    I work in IT and I plan on launching a merchant site where I will be selling items and want to offer bitcoin as a payment option.

My site will need to have charts with current prices for gold/btc and gold/usd, as well as a system to generate bitcoin wallets, etc.

I'm not sure where to start, I was thinking of getting dreamweaver and doing this on my own. However I'm getting the feeling I may need to outsource some expertise for exactly what I want. My concerns with outsourcing is security in having someone know the ins and outs of my website.

I'm not sure if I would need to run this site on my own server and manage the box, which means I would need to learn more about web security and administration, or if I could just outsource the sitebuild and get my orders in an email and fullfill orders as they come in; while accepting bitcoin via MTGOX or some other established exchange.

I've got a clear vision of what I want built just not sure the right direction to take in fabricating it. Any help would be appreciated, also with some of the in depth detail and security I was thinking this may need some javascript coding.

I may be in over my head on my own, if I do have to outsource what's a good secure way to go about it while not losing my shirt. Or where would be some good books or resources I could go to for building a site like this. I've searched for web developement, but I'm having trouble finding what I need.

Thanks,
    Coin

Coin,

I'm working as a fulltime developer on an online BitCoin wallet. You have a lot of doubts for sure, but you have the initiative and you're willing to learn.

I may not have the time to take a new job but at least I can point you to the right direction based on my front-end (and some backend) development experience.

If you're interested feel free to contact me at juanchiviotti@gmail.com

Greetings

I think for your first site making it secure will take some time. learning javascript or php is not something that is done over night.

that being said.. if you want to do this on your own and get it done fast then taking the time to learn to program is not logical. You could easily use Zencart to populate your store which would be secure right off the bat. Then you could install a bitcoin module. this would also allow you to use a lot of different modules including the ability to take payments from a merchant account.

The advantage of zencart would also be the online community which would be able to help you with any questions you have. Most server companies have a zencart install option from your cpanel. I use bluehost and there support is awesome. An example of a zencart site is one I built which you can find here...

www.ogsolutions.us

building a shopping cart from scratch is not an easy task and can be very pricey when hiring a developer. Most small business or start ups use something like zencart or magento to get there business going quick, inexpensively and with great support from the online community.
    Last edited by Nicholas Diaz; 06-15-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Thread Information