dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to ensure javascript calls aren't spoofed?

Hybrid View

How to ensure javascript calls aren't spoofed?

Hi,

Given a website (SiteA) where some JavaScript are making Ajax calls to a server. I want to make sure that all Ajax calls are originating from SiteA only. Http-referer can be spoofed so I turn to the JavaScript community. I'm thinking that the JavaScript can send its location. But are there some readonly identifiers that can be used to accomplish this?

It seems that Google does this somehow (e.g. in Maps) but couldn't find any good pointers on how they do it.

All suggestions are welcome, I'm a complete novice when it comes to Javascript.

--
    Werner

you can pass a unique token to the client on the html part, and check for the token for a match on ajax requests.
    i would pass the token to the page in a <script> block as a var (instead of a hidden input) to prevent backenders from being able to easily scrape the token.

Quote Originally Posted by rnd me View Post
    you can pass a unique token to the client on the html part, and check for the token for a match on ajax requests.
    i would pass the token to the page in a <script> block as a var (instead of a hidden input) to prevent backenders from being able to easily scrape the token.
    I don't quite follow here, what good would that do? I could just take that token to another website?

Thread Information