www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Directory Submission Worth the Effort ?

Directory submission is the main part of OFF page seo and submit the link only quality web directory link as demoz, golink directory, and more....

its better you avoid directory submission where the google has stated there must be an average of 100 links per page and no directory is above pr6 only dmoz and others so you better focus on other tasks and build relationships rather than link building efforts for the website.

Thanks for your great effort,

Directory submission is not effective now-a-days, but yes if we do some quality submissions on high PR and authority site, it is definitely worth today too.

Directory submission is not that effective like before but it is still useful. Now submission in bookmarking site is still an effective way, have a look at Folkd or akonter bookmarks

Directory submission is still can not be ignored. They help search engine to index your site so just submit them by strictly following some rules,
    Submit directories with different description and title making sure you are not duplicating your description
    Use high PR and worthy directory site
    Do not stuff your keywords in description and title

By promoting our website, directory is not a very effective method but shouldnt be given up. As my experience with my own website http://seirim.com/, I often use free directory submission, and they contribute 20% to the reputation increase of our website.

There is no harm provided it is done discreetly, with matched relevance and preferably in niche directories. There are certain types of business for which content marketing or any other alternative method might not be feasible to adopt for a long term. Here directories gain importance.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCarver01 View Post
    Hello All

I have seen lots of companies offering directory submission service.

My Question is whether it is effective and helps rank a website better in organic search engine results ?

Have you used Directory Submission (Free, Paid or Link Exchange Type) and whether it has helped in promoting your website?

Regards
    Now Directory submission doesn't help to improve the ranking of your website, as Google declared most of the directory submissions as spam. Only few High PR directory sites are good, but they are paid directories, again Google considers paid listing as spam so even you can't opt for that option.

Rather than wasting time and effort on directory submission, I will suggest you to do social media optimization, Blog submission, Socail Bookmarking ,etc.

Many Seo people has stopped doing directory submissions because of the google changed the algorithm...doing only for quality page rank directories may be good.

Android Development Company | Mobile Site Development

Directory Submission is one of the factors of off page link building but not now ...

I don`t think Directory submission is completely useless. You can submit your website in highly ranked websites, still it will work.

Are you talking about website directories or article directories?

Nowadays, article directory submission is losing its importance because all the major directories are hit by this algorithm. (However many of them are recovering.

As far as website directory submission is concerned, it is still effective if done correctly. It
    - Gives you considerable traffic
    - Improves your search engine visibility
    - Solid backlink (in case of a dofollow authority directory)
    Rambabu

All web hosts have a search engine submission routine in the control panel, end of mystery and myth of having to pay a company to list you.

It is time that these companies packed up and moved on or started diversifying in to web development.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

I dont think directory submission has any value now but if you perform quality work and does directory submission work on yahoo on yahoo directories

Thread Information