www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to fix Fatal Error PHPExcel: Memory Limit Exhausted while reading XLSX file of 5M

How to fix Fatal Error PHPExcel: Memory Limit Exhausted while reading XLSX file of 5M

I am facing this problem while reading an XLSX files having 40,000 plus rows and 7 columns having 5MB+ file size with PHPExcel.

The error description is given here:

HTML Code:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in .....
    Can you please suggest me a solution to this problem?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards,
    Rao Rafique.

You can change the max memory allotment via the memory_limit setting, either via ini_set() in the script, or in an applicable config file.

Personally, I'd look for a way to process one line at a time instead of trying to load it all into memory, if that is practical. One way would be to save the Excel file as a CSV file, then use fopen() and fgetcsv() to read that CSV file one line at a time, processing each line individually.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Already Memory Limit Updated

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    You can change the max memory allotment via the memory_limit setting, either via ini_set() in the script, or in an applicable config file.

Personally, I'd look for a way to process one line at a time instead of trying to load it all into memory, if that is practical. One way would be to save the Excel file as a CSV file, then use fopen() and fgetcsv() to read that CSV file one line at a time, processing each line individually.
    Thanks for the reply. I have already tried the first solution i.e. changing memory_limit in php.ini But it stil does not work even setting the memory_limit= 512M.

However, I will look for the 2nd solution that you have just suggested using fopen() with CSV.

Looking forward. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thread Information