www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Pasting html code!!!

Question Pasting html code!!!

I have created a page in Fireworks CS5 and exported it to Dreamweaver CS5. My initial page is a login screen and I have two areas in the shape of a rectangle that have been created for entry of an email and a password. I'm trying to figure out how I can click on the rectangle and enter the correct code so that users can enter there email and their password into the rectangles, and then click the submit button to take them further into the website (to one of two pages, the re-enter password page so they can create and account or the home page.

this is kinda a hard question to answer. your going to have to set up your css to make the form inside the triangle functional. then obviously create the form.

Correct me if I am wrong by fireworks sets up graphics from there u need to code around it.

do you know css and html?

If the two areas in the shape of a rectangle are part of an image, you will have to set these links up as an image map allowing the links to lead to whatever they are suppose to be. There are many free online Image Mapping tools online if you do not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Diaz View Post
    this is kinda a hard question to answer. your going to have to set up your css to make the form inside the triangle functional. then obviously create the form.

Correct me if I am wrong by fireworks sets up graphics from there u need to code around it.

do you know css and html?

Hi Nicholas,

Yes I used fireworks to create the design, and I believe that setting up the code around it is the next step. I'm not too familiar with css or html.

Hi Nicholas,

Yes I used fireworks to create the design, and I believe that setting up the code around it is the next step. I'm not too familiar with css or html.

cool so basically you have a cool image of a website and now you just need to add the code to make it function. that's great. There is not really way we can help you learn html and css. we can help answer questions and i would love to help but i dont know where you need to start.

I suggest starting out by making a list of things you want the page to do and then researching each function separately. if you can post what you have online so we could see we might be able to give you some good advice.

Great advice! thank you. how would I go about posting it online so that you have access to it as well?

well if you have access to a server would be ideal.

Thread Information