www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Domain is good for SEO

Which Domain is good for SEO

If this is a domain you recently registered or plan on registering, don't forget many different factors affect SEO nowadays. Simply getting a domain with keywords in it will help you of course, but what you won't have and is getting

All domains are Good for SEO.Domain may be like local or global whatever,but that domain name should be related to your country.Then only it should well for SEO.

I don't think domain name affect SEO but at-least you should keep in mind about Google's EMD update.

Take short and easy remember-able domain which is helpful in brand building too. It will be better if it can describe your business but not add keyword forcefully. Now days, search engine focus on brand and authority domain not keyword rich domain. Take .com domain for global and ccTLD for local business.

Top Tips

Word Separators
    Avoid hyphens. Hyphens detract from credibility and can act as a spam indicator.

Top-Level Domain (TLD)
    Top-level domains (like .com) are the extensions associated with domain names. For best ranking results, avoid uncommon top-level domains (TLDs). Like hyphens, TLDs such as .info, .cc, .ws, and .name are spam indicators.

Length
    Avoid domain names longer than 15 characters. Short domain names are easier to remember, easier to share, and have a smaller chance of resulting in typos.

The thing is your domain name should include the main keyword in it, also go for top tlds like .com, .net, .org, if you find aged domain name then it is good but check the domain name if it is not penalized.
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

Which Domain is good for SEO

All domains are good for SEO. The global level to target the website .com is very important for SEO.

Basically Domain Name not affect on SEO of website. But for visitors of website .com is very easy to navigate to this.

These are all new to me, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmacklen1234 View Post
    Basically Domain Name not affect on SEO of website. But for visitors of website .com is very easy to navigate to this.
    Well, domain name affects SEO too, there are few things in domain name which affect seo, these are:

Age of domain name
    Keyword in domain
    length of domain name
    extension of domain name
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

All domains are good for SEO , but keep domain according to EMD based , should be small and yes .com is easy for users to use .

Bursting the SEO bubble...

Myth - SEO gives you better rankings...

Busted, I have never done anything other than use proper tags and keywords in the HTML to get any site I have touched in the top 10 results. You DO NOT need to fight for pole position nor pay a listing engine to improve your ranking. A whole industry exists preying on peoples ignorance of how the internet works.

Myth - People searching won't find you without SEO

Busted, utter rubbish, what do you think web crawlwers are for? When you publish a page, as long as you have set your host up to submit a web page to Google search engine then your page will be crawled for contents and keywords extrapolated from that and your page can then be found. It can take anything from a few minutes to a few hours to propagate through the internet, it is very big so don't expect miracles.

------------------------

It matters very little how you set up your domain, if you want to make your visitors ability to remember URL's then fine, I personally don't, that is what "Bookmarks" are for after all...

You will find raging arguments all over the net on this subject and having sat on the fence for many years watching the arguments on many subjects ending up in petty kindergarden squabbles, I go with the philosophy of what best fits your purpose, you will find some occasions SEO is better than untidy and use of proper META than not. It is really down to your needs, if a web page is going to be static and not change then for sure, put the effort in to making it a persistent resource, if your page is going to be fleeting and constantly changing and morphing, then SEO is really going to be a strain on the crawler and you may find that people like Google won't bother crawling as often.

Basically, don't do it just because you have been told to do it, look at what and how you implement your website and does SEO fit your needs.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

I gotta bookmark this threat, so much useful information.

Some keyworded domains are good for SEO. But you might also try branded domains because Google is not giving as much weight to "exact match" domains after recent algorithm updates

Domain name doesn't matter for google. But if you buy a domain for 5 year. It seems legit in google ways. Google loves long term domain. Thats a old one but its genuine. Maybe some of SEO's know about this.

Thread Information