www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Domain name strategies for better SEO

resolved Domain name strategies for better SEO

Hello,

My boss was wondering if it is a good idea, like what google has done with their news search (www.news.google.com) to buy a domain, for example, like www.usflags.flagsexpress.com. Our main website is www.FlagsExpress.com.
    Why does google do this? Would it be a good idea for us to do this?

What you're referring to is a Sub-domain and that should already be a feature in your hosting account. Subdomains are good to build out another section of your site section that works independent from your main site, like maybe a blog or forum. Keep in mind that Google and other search engines consider sub-domains a separate site from your top-level domain. Many people also create sub-domain sites as an increased SEO strategy because it gives you more chances to rank and optimize independent of each other.

If sub domains are not available then check if URL rewriting exists because you would be able to use them and rewrite the URL data like mapping a HDD to a resource, URL rewrites can point to a resource and deliver it ot send the user to that URL.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information