www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hi Everyone Where to start?

Hi Everyone Where to start?

I would like to build a site to tell a little bit about myself and show a short story with parallax scrolling. I have dabbled in html and wordpress but most of my background is graphic. This will be my first project coding from scratch. When you sit down to start a site what is your order of operation? Do you draw your story board first then figure out what kind of code you need? How do you organize a project like this? Thanks!

You need to decide which type of site you are creating and then choose on which technology like php or java and then pull a rough structure of your website. Then decide about it's design & theme.
    *** spam link deleted by moderator - please do not spam this site ***

Quote Originally Posted by eliza189 View Post
    You need to decide which type of site you are creating and then choose on which technology like php or java and then pull a rough structure of your website. Then decide about it's design & theme.

When you say rough structure does that mean getting the code together? I think I will be using Jquery, HTML5 and CSS3. I just feel a bit overwhelmed at how this is all going to go together. I may need to try a smaller scale project to start.

You have to be very specific if what kind of product, service, or brand you wanted to contemplate your business, take for example, health-beauty-anti aging creams.

Thread Information