www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: problem with viewsourcewith

Hybrid View

problem with viewsourcewith

For years I have used the 'viewsourcewith' add-on in firefox to view and edit html, css and javascript using notepad. Suddenly it only works with cs and javascript, not html. I get the following message when I try to see the html :

viewPage: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIIOService.newURI]" nsresult: "0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI)" location: "JS frame :: resource://vsw/common.jsm :: ViewSourceWithCommon.makeURL :: line 77" data: no]

I know this is a javascript forum but the top of the dialogue box says 'javascript application', suggesting the problem is something to do with javascript.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Updates to browsers often break add-ons, and Firefox is updated frequently. The easiest solution is to check to see if an updated version of the add-on is available. If not, then you'll need to switch to something else like the Web Developer extension.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

many thanks for the reply. I tried the updated version but it still didn't work. Instead I just specified notepad as the editor using about:config. Now I can use the standard 'view page source' for html and 'view source with' for css and javascript. Not ideal but it works.

Thread Information