www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't seem to display iframe properly in IE8?

resolved [RESOLVED] Can't seem to display iframe properly in IE8?

I have a site here: Campus Tour that I'm trying to display in an iframe as well. The goal here is to be able to see exactly what a student is seeing when the student is viewing the tour on a mobile device.

Here is the iPhone viewport: iPhone Viewport

It displays properly in Chrome, but I can't get it to display in IE8. When viewed in IE8, the iframe displays the site in full site mode, and doesn't adhere to the mobile CSS.

Here's my iframe code:

HTML Code:
    <div align="center" style="position: fixed; margin-top: 2%; margin-left: 12%; border: 5px solid #f60; width: auto; height: auto;">

<h2 style="font-weight:bold; background-color: #f60; color: #fff;">iPhone 5 Display</h2>
                        <iframe style="width:568px; height: 320px; " src="http://webfro.gs/south/tour" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                </div>
    I've Googled my heart out and read about Quirks mode, and so forth, but not quite sure how to apply it. I'm not sure that's the right solution either.

What more information do you need to assist here?

A little bit more research proved to help. There appears to be one solution that works well. The issue is that IE8 doesn't support CSS media queries. Using a polyfill script like Respond.js helped. This script backports support for the media query syntax into IE8.

Credit is due here.

-Jared

Thread Information