www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Style showing on server but not locally

Hybrid View

Style showing on server but not locally

Issue: Border-radius property is showing in HTML5 web site on IE8 deployed from internal server. However, it is NOT showing on IE8 deployed from local machine. (Both are NOT in IE8 Compatibility mode.)

Observation: The only difference I can see is the security zone, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Local machine is "Internet, Protected mode ON." Internal server is "Local intranet, Protected mode OFF."

It's minor but an issue nonetheless. Appreciate any insight!

IE8 does not support the 'border-radius' property. If it ever seems to work in IE8, there's either some add-on software involved or there's a flaw in the emulation.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    IE8 does not support the 'border-radius' property. If it ever seems to work in IE8, there's either some add-on software involved or there's a flaw in the emulation.
    Thanks for the comment. I'm guessing you mean the add-on software could be installed on the internal server because that's where the border-radius is showing. Do you have thoughts on what type of add-on software it could be? Thanks again!

There are several. I'm only familiar with one called "PIE". I don't think this is what you have because it requires adding 'behavior' instructions to your stylesheet, which you would have had to include manually, but look for a file called "PIE.htc".
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thread Information