www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New to Web Development

New to Web Development

Hi, I'm new to the site so I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct section. I have a few questions I'd appreciate some feedback on.

To make a long story short, I have found a new passion and it's web development. I'm currently just learning HTML and CSS. I find myself amazed at the process and studying for hours, so that's obviously a good thing.

I plan on getting Bachelor's degree but I'm going to obtain it online. I also know there are various certificates as well that are needed. I was curious if anyone here had any recommendations for online schools. I was considering Kaplan at the moment.

I would also like some advice on which certificates I should obtain? I know I'm very interested in web development but being new to it I don't know what are the popular certificates or most desired etc.

My math skills are nothing past regular algebra, do anyone of you recommend any specific areas in math I should either study on my own or while in school before going into this career path?

I appreciate all advice getting started in web development

Thanks

I would suggest to get learn something new at Coursera.org. They are not providing any kind of certificates but the knowledge they share are really valuable for beginners. I hope that would really helpful.

HI mdguy8080,

You can visit w3schools to learn about development and i am sure you'll get all your answers.........

Best of Luck

all time best for learning development is w3school i think w3school give you complete solution for your problem...

Quote Originally Posted by mdguy8080 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the site so I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct section
    A warm Welcome to Community , you are posted it in right category . Agree with Other Suggestions that w3schools is best online source to learn .
    Quote Originally Posted by mdguy8080 View Post
    You posted in right category .
    I would also like some advice on which certificates I should obtain? I know I'm very interested in web development but being new to it I don't know what are the popular certificates or most desired etc.
    I appreciate all advice getting started in web development

Thanks
    The HTML Developer Certificate proves fundamental knowledge of web development using HTML.
    The World Wide Web Consortium (WC3) is the group that sets the standards for the internet. They offer a basic, 70 question exam that results in a certificate and tests you on HTML, XHTML, and CSS. All the materials needed to study are free on the site so considering the source and the cost, this is a great choice for a certification.
    Visit to Knew More http://www.w3schools.com/cert/

You can pursue a course related to web designing online or offline, but I would suggest you to do it off line, find any institute near your area, this would be good as web design involves practical things which you have to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanasons View Post
    You can pursue a course related to web designing online or offline, but I would suggest you to do it off line, find any institute near your area, this would be good as web design involves practical things which you have to practice.
    You can refer to w3schools website or you can learn web development with the help of online videos. There are so many online video tutorials available. You can select any one which you find easiest for yourself.

Thread Information