dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Content Repository

Content Repository

Hi all

I'm new and I had to admit that I'm a 3d artist and don't have experience in programming or web developing.
    But I would to create a little portal where users can share come 3d item (like shaders) with other users.
    As reference, to understand better what I need, could be this: http://www.vray-materials.de.
    I don't need a forum section, I'm interested only on the repository section.

But I have no idea on how to start...so, someone can help me to understand what I need or where to search more info?

Thanks in advance,
    David

Basically, you want to make a website where users can upload and download files to and from a database. Take baby steps. Maybe start off by making a database using MySQL with tables that store the kinds of files you want to store, then make a PHP file that connects to the database and lists files in the database that a user can click to download a copy from the database. Then you also want to allow the user to update the database with her own files. Plenty of resources online to help you get started, just take it slow.

Content Repository

Hi....Content Repository API for Java (JCR) is a specification for a Java platform application programming interface (API) to access content repositories in a uniform manner.[1][dead link][2][not in citation given] The content repositories are used in content management systems to keep the content data and also the metadata used in content management systems (CMS) such as versioning metadata. The specification was developed under the Java Community Process as JSR-170 (Version 1).[3][4] and as JSR-283 (version 2)[5] The main Java package is javax.jcr.

We use Uploadcare API for content hosting and backing up - it is a nice file upload handling service with a very easy API. Very similar to filepicker.io with support for direct uploads, Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, Instagram or from any URL. It includes a pretty good post/on-the-fly API for processing images, too. Moreover they provide drop-in libraries for Objective-C, PHP, Java and Node for incorporating into apps.

Hi...NetApp distributed content repositories can help you manage big data intelligently across geographies. Content is growing fast, and objects that must be stored are increasing in both size and lifespan. To help you meet this challenge, we provide content-repository solutions with data scalability, enterprise reliability, and intelligent object management.

Store petabytes of data in a multi-site, global object namespace.
    Reduce OPEX while meeting corporate, regulatory, and user requirements.
    Reduce infrastructure size and complexity and simplify administration.

Thread Information