dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Enable a part of my code when checkbox is checked in different page

Enable a part of my code when checkbox is checked in different page

Hi I'm looking for a way to enable a part of my code on my main index.html page if a box is checked at the dingo.html page. I might be in the wrong section of this forum if so please tell me but I would rather make it in HTML if its possible as that's the only language I have at least som basic knowledge about.

You cannot create a page that will change itself depending on external information using HTML alone. Some software will be required: either JavaScript within the page itself, or with server-based software that generates the page content. You're going to find that JavaScript is the mechanism that is best suited for dynamically changing the appearance of webpages, I'd suggest that you start learning it. Do yourself a favor and find an online tutorial and learn the basics before you go out and try to find snippets of code that you can copy and paste into your pages. You'll save yourself an endless amount of frustration, wasted time and effort by gaining a basic understanding of how JavaScript works first. Give it at least a week. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    You cannot create a page that will change itself depending on external information using HTML alone. Some software will be required: either JavaScript within the page itself, or with server-based software that generates the page content. You're going to find that JavaScript is the mechanism that is best suited for dynamically changing the appearance of webpages, I'd suggest that you start learning it. Do yourself a favor and find an online tutorial and learn the basics before you go out and try to find snippets of code that you can copy and paste into your pages. You'll save yourself an endless amount of frustration, wasted time and effort by gaining a basic understanding of how JavaScript works first. Give it at least a week. Good luck!
    Thank you for the answer, I'll do as you say an hopefully ill have som luck

Thread Information