dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Using Hover in CSS to Alternate Between Images

Using Hover in CSS to Alternate Between Images

I am hoping on adding hover effects to some images on my website. My knowledge of HTML and CSS are very limited, so hopefully some one can help. Using an image as a link, is it possible to alternate to another image when it is hovered over. My hope is to get a simple hover effect, by switching between two similar images. I don't know if this is possible using CSS. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsign View Post
    I am hoping on adding hover effects to some images on my website. My knowledge of HTML and CSS are very limited, so hopefully some one can help. Using an image as a link, is it possible to alternate to another image when it is hovered over. My hope is to get a simple hover effect, by switching between two similar images. I don't know if this is possible using CSS. Suggestions?
    Yes very easily, create a class in the stylesheet then name a div after the class, give the class a background image and then do

".whateverclassiscalled:hover {new picture here;}

You could also make it a bit sleeker by adding "transition:1s;"

-WebKit-transition:1s;

Also, if you wish, for different hover effects go to see the tutorials on http://www.jtmreseller.com/free-extr...fect-tutorials

Thread Information