www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript coding required

Post Javascript coding required

MTSU uses course specifications like CSCI 4410-001. Here is a partial list of syntax rules for a MTSU course specification:
     It starts with from 2 to 4 uppercase letters
     Next comes a space
     Next comes a 4-digit number
     Next comes a hyphen (-)
     Next comes a section number which is either a 3 digit number, or the letter H or L followed by a two digit number
    Write a JavaScript function isCourse with one parameter, a string. It will return true if the string represents a MTSU course specification according to the above rules and false otherwise. You must use pattern matching appropriately. To test this function, write a simple HTML file containing a text box that will receive the course name and a submit button. On submit, the isCourse function should be used to determine whether the course is valid or not with an appropriate message in either case.

Can you please write code explanation to make me understand it better. Thanks

I see we do have a homework situation, this is not the first time that this question has been asked.

See my reply in the other thread.

In both cases, you should be paying attention in class !!!
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information