www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best web application language for prototype - PHP or Rails?

Best web application language for prototype - PHP or Rails?

I'm brand new to programming and web development. (Sorry - I know everyone gets tired from hearing from newbies...) I have 2 web application concepts that I need to develop and produce. (I'd outsource it to developers, but I don't have the $$$ to shell out, so I'm trying to do it myself.) 1) If I'm trying to build an initial prototype, which language would be better to use for someone with my limited skills? 2) What is the better language to use overall, regardless of my background?

Thanks for the help.

Both are good. You have to make sure the application you are developing should be secure to admin and user end.

Read to know more Secure Web Applications using Grails Framework
    Web Development - PHP/ASP.Net/Java
    Application Development - ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, JQuery, JSON, HTML5 and Javascript
    Magento Development - Enhance your ecommerce business sales with Magento Development Services. Only ecommerce solution that sells 24*7.
    Magento Design - Give an Attractive Look to Your Website Today!
    Jetty | Process Apps | Application Performance | Build Applications

The question is a bit of apples and oranges: PHP is a programming language, Rails is a framework designed for use with the Ruby programming language. A better comparison might be PHP using the CodeIgniter framework (or any other of the several PHP web app frameworks) versus Ruby on Rails. (In which case, I'd vote for whichever one you -- or your developer -- knows best.)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information