www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review my application

Review my application

Hey, some background: I made a metasearch engine, where the results from Bing, Yahoo, and Google are aggregated and displayed in one list. If a document appears in more than one engine it receives a more favourable rank.

This has been made for a university assignment and is for educational purposes. Based on a test of 50 queries from the Trec 2012 Web Track, this engine performs approximately 12% better than the highest performing individual engine (Google).

I would like you to view, and test the application, at http://www.metasearch.me. There is a page where you can leave feedback via a form..I would appreciate if you could do this, which will aid me greatly in the generation of my written report.

The user interface design is not necessarily the most important feature of this application, more the usability and functionality.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Moved here since you did not provide any code (PHP or otherwise) to be reviewed.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information