dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Where should a non-artist start??

Hybrid View

Question Where should a non-artist start??

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of direction/advice.

I've only recently started web dev. and I'm a little lost on the design aspect, in a way. I would love to use cool illustrated backgrounds, but right now I just don't have the skill to create them.

I have NO drawing ability whatsoever, on paper or in the digital realm.

Where should I start if I want to develop that skill/ability?

Should I just doodle in Gimp until I stop sucking? Are there lessons online that will help? Should I draw on paper first? Should I give up the idea entirely and pay someone to do the art?

I like to think that with hard work and focus one can learn anything, so giving up now is definitely the least appealing option to me.

To be a non-artist does not necessarily mean that you can't become so. The second step for you is to make FIRM your mind on learning and developing yourself in this direction and work hard but with pleasure. Where is the first step? The first is that you have already taken your decision

If the first step is making the decision, then what's step 2?

I've been playing around with doodles, both on the computer and using pen and paper, but so far I'm not really seeing any improvements so it all feels like an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by rendiana-jones View Post
    If the first step is making the decision, then what's step 2?

I've been playing around with doodles, both on the computer and using pen and paper, but so far I'm not really seeing any improvements so it all feels like an exercise in futility.
    SECOND - The second step for you is to make FIRM your mind on learning and developing yourself in this direction and WORK HARD but with pleasure. -

Now the third
    You improvements will depend now on HOW you use your computer, pen and paper. This step requires focusing on the tutorials of all kinds - video, audio, written. Everyone is different that is why you should choose the best appropriate tutorial option. And, hope, you have more critical attitude to yourself rather than approving coz positive personal self-appraisal may stop your improvements.

Thread Information