dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: png file not displaying on my website

png file not displaying on my website

I don't know why, suddenly png files will not display on my website(jpg works). This is weird, I have directory like this,public_html/images/stories. When I put the png file on the images folder it will display it, but if I put the png files in stories folder, you will not see the image on the browser. Why this is happening? Is there a server/cpanel configuration to address this?

This is almost certainly an error on your part, but I cannot tell for sure because you have not posted your code. It could be as simple as you are using the file extension ".jpg"!

This is not an error code, I double check it. And I never modify any codes on our website, it just suddenly for weird reason will not display png files.

Hi Anishgiri,

Did you ever got to the core of the problem? I have the exact same weird problem: this morning everything was displaying fine, and now, for some reason all of a sudden, only the jpg's are showing up, but the png's are gone...
    To me it seems as if this should be a serverside problem. Don't you think so? Only I haven't changed any code in my .access file today...
    Best regards,
    David Bartenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bartenst1 Piano View Post
    Hi Anishgiri,

Did you ever got to the core of the problem? I have the exact same weird problem: this morning everything was displaying fine, and now, for some reason all of a sudden, only the jpg's are showing up, but the png's are gone...
    To me it seems as if this should be a serverside problem. Don't you think so? Only I haven't changed any code in my .access file today...
    Best regards,
    David Bartenstein
    I had a similar problem once and it was a.htaccess file problem, however I never changed the file. I don't know how the file got changed, but once I changed it back all was good again.

Thread Information