www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Question with nodes

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] Question with nodes

Hello, I'm receiving this information from an ajax request. I've figured out the node map I guess. To test that I have the correct Item I list the nodeName and it is a TBODY which is what I'm looking for. This works the same on ie, ff, and chrome. However, when I try to alert the childNodes.length, I get a value of 9 on chrome(which is correct), and a value of 1 on ie and ff. I've tried to output the childNodes[0].nodeName and on all three browsers it displays #text. If I display the value, they all display empty text. If I attempt to alert the childNodes[1].nodeName, it shows TR(which is what i'm looking for) on chrome while on ie and ff the code doesn't do anything(I imagine because of undefined index on these browsers?). I've tried a similar example on my localhost with a simple table and it works fine across all browsers. Why would something like this not work on the actual site? Thanks in advance.

I forgot to include the code I've been working on:
    Code:
                            var str = data;
                            var code = $(str);                                              

var tbody = code[100].childNodes[3].childNodes[7].childNodes[1].childNodes[5].childNodes[5].childNodes[1].childNodes[1].childNodes[1].childNodes[3].childNodes[5];

alert(tbody.childNodes[1].nodeValue);
    //                        for(var i=0; i < tbody.childNodes.length; i++){
    //                            if(tbody.childNodes[i].nodeName == "TR"){
    //                                alert(tbody.childNodes[i].nodeName);
    //                            }
    //                        }
    //                        alert(tbody.childNodes.length);
    //                        document.write(data);
    the commented out part is working fine on chrome but not on the other browsers that's why I have it commented out right there

The code is working fine I've been working on this for a while and forgot to consider sessions.

Thread Information