www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What type of image is best to use for a website/company logo?

What type of image is best to use for a website/company logo?

I've got confused about images.

I understand roughly what a vector is, and I happen to have found some great vectors that would be perfect for my website/company logo.

Can that work?

Please use fairly simple language to help me!
    Share on Google+

.png format is the best to use as a company logo, and create the logo using illustrator and photoshop. Now a days, retina pixel logo works perfect in every device the visitor use.
    Share on Google+

Share on Google+

The original should be a vector image, so that it can be expanded and contracted without loss of fidelity. The image used in web sites can be JPEG, PNG or even GIF (if a limited palette is used).
    Share on Google+

Don't use PNG, anyone suggesting PNG images for use on a website has obviously never built a site before. They aren't supported by all browsers and your visitors will be disappointed when problems arise. Trust me, save yourself and use JPG (or GIF for animated/transparent).
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by alexdeef View Post
    Don't use PNG, anyone suggesting PNG images for use on a website has obviously never built a site before. They aren't supported by all browsers and your visitors will be disappointed when problems arise. Trust me, save yourself and use JPG (or GIF for animated/transparent).
    For the record:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portabl...upport_for_PNG

Personally, I believe anyone still using IE8- deserves what they get.

To be honest though, I use PNG as GIF on steroids. If I need a graphic that has more than 256 colors in the palette PNG gets used. If I need transparency I use GIF -- usually. I do not use animated GIFs at all; too 1996 for me.

Yes, there's a bit of a hit on file-size. For example, if you have a 10kb GIF, the PNG version will be about 15kb. But that extra size gets you millions of colors if you need them. It's always a trade-off, but there's really no reason to dismiss PNG.

I've been using the PNG format for a number of graphics on a site for 8-10 years and not one complaint from a "disappointed" visitor. One of them is on the home page and is the organization logo. You'd think that if there was a problem someone in the last 8-10 years would have sent me a nasty-gram, but no, it has never happened.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by alexdeef View Post
    Google is using a PNG as their logo today:

https://www.google.com/logos/doodles...5088.2-res.png

Guess they've never built a website before.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!
    Share on Google+

Logo must be in PNG, although you can create in on any software, most commonly Adobe illustrator and Photoshop is used to create logo.
    Share on Google+

.png format is good for logo. make logo with illustrator for more good graphics.
    Share on Google+

Smile

JPG and JPEG are the best image format for your company logo, because many sites accepts only JPG or JPEG format.
    Share on Google+

Getting repetitive... closed.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information