www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Using embedded google docs to view local files

Using embedded google docs to view local files

Google docs allows remote files to be directly opened using a code such as this:

<iframe src= " h t t p s : / / docs . google . com/ viewer?url=SiteURL&embedded=true"></iframe>

How about using it to access files on my local machine(through the browser window)? I tried a few ways including typing localhost->filename and several other formats but nothing works. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by nan_carrow View Post
    Google docs allows remote files to be directly opened using a code such as this:

<iframe src= " h t t p s : / / docs . google . com/ viewer?url=SiteURL&embedded=true"></iframe>

How about using it to access files on my local machine(through the browser window)? I tried a few ways including typing localhost->filename and several other formats but nothing works. Help please.
    Why not just turn the documents into .PDF format files, put them a web storage like Google drive, Microsoft SkyDrive, and etc. You can then always grab them later when you need to.

The project was to be demonstrated in our college where the internet connection is frequently interrupted, so...

Thread Information